Define constructive solutions and prepare budgets
- Materials and hardware used in the sector
- Define constructive solutions for the product to be manufactured, according to the client's instructions, to respond to the needs raised by it
- Write down the client's indications to specify the use, functionality, form and materials of the product that he demands.
- Take the necessary measurements of the space where the product will be located (dimensions, angles, irregularities, existing installations, etc.). In such a way that it obtains relevant data for its manufacture, depending on its particularities.
- Draw proportionally and freehand the sketches of the different alternatives, depending on the requirements, so that the client can see how the finished product would look.
Prepare the realization budget.
- Prepare the budget for the realization of the product, taking into account the existing prices in the market, so that the client knows the cost of the product.
- Prepare the list of materials necessary to build the product to be developed, so that they turn out to be adequate for the characteristics of use, function and aesthetics required by the client.
- Determine the cost of the different chapters involved, according to the particularities of each of them and the pre-established rates.
- Prepare the final budget by chapters, based on the calculated costs.
Make the plans.
- Knowledge of the dihedral system of technical drawing, as well as the different perspective systems most used.
- Make the plans, defining the components that make up said product, to manufacture said element.
- Prepare the list of parts that make up the product, specifying its dimensions, shape and materials that make it up (solid wood, wood veneers, board, etc.), according to the defined project.
- Prepare scale plans using the necessary graphic representations (perspective, views, details and sections), according to the characteristics of the product.
- Incorporate adequate and sufficient data into the plans so that their interpretation is unequivocal.
Purchase of materials
- Buy the necessary materials, taking into account the specifications of the project, the quality standards and the type of element, for its manufacture:
- Select and acquire the raw materials, checking that they coincide in quantity and quality with the project to be carried out, rejecting those that do not meet the defined criteria.
- Store parts by type and characteristics, in an orderly manner, depending on the facilities available.
- Comply with occupational health and safety standards that affect this process.